Sunday 23 August 2015

//PRODUCT REVIEW - YOUNIQUE 3D MASCARA PLUS//

Hey guys,  

So the past week I have been trying the new Younique mascara.

I was sceptical at first because I thought that it was a bit "gimmicky". I had seen photos of people's Before and afters and just thought... "surely it can't do that". 

I put my thoughts aside and tried it. I have short lashes anyway so wasn't expecting crazy length or anything .

I tried the mascara and I will admit it is a bit fiddly the first time you try it... BUT it did add length and volume so I instantly thought  "well that's a lot different than I thought". 
Some people seem to over do it and make their eyelashes clumpy and spider leg like- that isn't the mascara. .. its the way they are apply it.




A lovely Rep called Shona Approached me and asked me if I would like to try the new 3d version on the mascara, This is my first time being gifted a product so naturally it was very exciting for me. She could see i have a love for make up and knew I would really try the product and give it go. I will leave her details at the end.

This is what i received.

Straight away this felt like A luxury product, The way it came boxed and then the packaging of the mascara itself. This is the Plus so its a newer formula and packaging and offers twice the thickness and length. The new packaging has a clear panel so you can see how much product you have left.

As soon as it came in the post I ripped it open and tried it immediately.

I read the instructions and got straight to the application.


I dont have the best lashes. I used to wear Falsies everyday and pick the mascara off my lashes. So they are the longest or thickest they have been in a long time since using this mascara.
Can we take a moment to appreciate the thickness and length! 

I have sensitive eyes so i needed to test the mascara on a long walk or a day out to see if they made my eyes water- Most mascaras do this for me.

I went out and when I came back my eyes hadn't watered and they hadn't flaked which again mostly happens when I wear mascara.

This photo was taken when I got in. The eyelashes hadn't changed and i was really happy with how black they still were.

My fave mascara is the Maybelline - Lash sensational. So I decided to test it Against the Younique and see the difference.

 left- maybelline - right- Younique 3D plus

as you can see the lash sensational is good, But no match for the Younique. The length is good but is doesn't add the extra bit of length and the volume that the 3D fibre lash does. 

I have used this mascara for about two and a half weeks now and really like it.
It does take abut more time to apply as their is the Transplanting gel and then the Fibres to go on top and then you need to finish it off with another coat of the transplanting gel BUT it is worth it for the results.

Tips- 
-I would have a practice with this as it takes a technique to not make it clumpy.. (BY NO MEANS does this mean its not worth the extra two minutes it takes.)

-Comb your lashes.. I did this and it helped my lashes not to clump but I do this everyday because my lashes are prone to it.

Overall thoughts.

I love this mascara, IM NOT SAYING IT BECAUSE I WAS GIFTED IT.
I love that my eyes don't water and it doesn't flake, I can see myself using this a lot. I love the fact it can be layered. Normally after two layers of any other mascara is starts to clump, Get bitty and lumpy and flakes! 
I think its worth the price because I've used it everyday and even tested it with multiple layers and its hardly gone down. When the tube is closed its closed... so no product dries up. I have gotten compliments on my lashes no matter how many coats/layers Im wearing so all round its a good product.

Also Younique are bringing out the products the first week of September- from what Shona has told me its new lipsticks, Pallets similar to urban decay and also Liquid foundations.

Where to find Shonas page

where to find me 

Until next time,

Leona xo


No comments:

Post a Comment